With plenty of beauty services available today, gel nails are certainly hard to ignore. Gel nails come with a wide variety of colors and styles to choose from. They don’t only create a polished finish to your look, but also help show off your personality. Once you’ve had gel nails done, it’s important to maintain them. Let’s explore how to effectively care for gel nails.
Gel nail care
Don’t remove gel nails yourself
Many people have a habit of picking at the edges of their gel nails, causing the color in that area to peel off in sheets. This will certainly remove it quickly, but as the gel layers stick tightly to the nails, this also makes the nail surface prone to tearing and breaking and not as strong and sturdy as before.
Use the right products
Regularly getting gel nails done can easily damage your nails. Therefore, it’s essential to do it properly to avoid thinning and tearing your nails. It’s recommended to use products specifically designed for gel application and removal and seek professional salon services for the best results.
Take extra care
Before gel application, it’s important to care for your nails. With a strong, healthy nail surface, the color will last longer. The simplest way to care for your nail surface is with a nail moisturizer.
When you visit the salon, they will prepare your nails depending on the condition of them, as follows:
- If you have an oily surface: Have you noticed that your gel nail color tends to peel off within a few days? This might be due to having oily nails. Skilled nail technicians will address this by gently removing the excess oil using a soft buffing foam and a nail wipe without touching the nail surface excessively. Gel color will then be applied.
- If you have thinning nails: For those with thin and easily breakable nails, ensuring gel color longevity can be challenging. Thin and brittle nails can cause the gel color to chip off at the nail tips. Preparing thin nails does not involve using an oil-removing buffer. Instead, a nail wipe is used to gently clean the nails. The application of gel then acts as a reinforcement, helps prevent easy chipping and extends the color’s duration.
Avoid picking things up with nail tips
After getting your nails done, it’s recommended that you handle things with caution, avoiding using the nail tips by using your fingertips instead.
You can follow these steps to care for your nails:
- Remove any residue on the nail surface
Use nail polish remover to clean the nails thoroughly, then wash your hands and nails with warm water and gentle soap.
- Apply hand cream and nail cream regularly
These items are essential for hand and nail care, especially after removing or peeling off gel nails. Hand creams designed for nail recovery help rejuvenate the skin, increase moisture, and strengthen the nail bed efficiently.
- Soak your fingers in coconut oil
This easy nail care method only takes 5-10 minutes. Soak your nails in coconut oil, which contains vitamin E, to nurture your cuticles, making them smooth and soft. This treatment also aids in restoring your nails to good health, preventing brittleness.
- Consume nail-nourishing foods
Opt for healthy food that benefits your nails, such as eggs, which are rich in protein and vitamins for nail nourishment, as well as food high in fatty acids and vitamin B. These choices help maintain healthy nails, promoting a natural pink look.
Another easy tip for maintaining gel nails is to select a quality nail salon. One of our top recommendations is Colette Prestige Nail Spa Chidlom which provides a variety of high-quality colors and designs to choose from. They offer comprehensive nail services, including hand and foot spa treatments, ensuring a complete and satisfying experience. Visit their salon today at Mercury Ville @ Chidlom, conveniently accessible via BTS Chidlom station!